12p4s setup

• i am starting to work with trevor at higherwire.

i want to make a 1200ah 12v setup for my coach.

using 3.2v 100ah calb cells.    so would do 12 in parallel and then 4 of them in series.  so does the active bms then only monitor each 12 cell 3.2v bank so you only can look at the voltage of the strings?

i have done a much smaller setup in my scissors lift of a 24v 8s setup and each cell gets monitored.  

i will probably do both the lcd panel and wifi, but would be nice if it had bluetooth.  

any advice?  btw, my coach currently has 6 8d agms.  they are rated at around 1500ah.   

i use a magnum 2800s 12v inverter.  

tom

• yes, a 12P4S should work well for you.  Connecting the 12 cells in parallel is now commonplace, so long as you are working with fairly closely matched cells.  I think you will notice a good improvement over the larger capacity AGMs.

You havent mentioned how you plan to charge this pack, but to get the most out of your alternator you may want to upgrade to a "Smart" regulator that allows the BMS to control the alternator directly

• I will charge only with the magnum inverter charger when plugged in or with the 20kw genny running.   

I have a 350amp 50dn alternator on the Detroit series 60 but will keep it out of charging the house batteries.  

That's the plan for now.  In my scissors lift I took out the 4 6v golf cart batteries and the 100ah lithium pack runs it like it is for racing

Tom

• You may want to consider adding one of these to allow your DD alt. help charge and top off/balance your pack while on the road :)

https://ogm-energy.com/products/orion-xs