NMEA 2000 Bridge YDNB-07
Unifies two physical NMEA 2000 networks into a single logical network, smoothly exchanging messages between them. The Bridge also support filtering and processing of transmitted messages and contains a built-in compiler of a simple programming language. You can create message processing programs on any device with a MicroSD socket and a text editor. One of the CAN-interfaces on the device has high-voltage galvanic isolation and can operate at a higher supply voltage.
Yacht Devices NMEA Bridge unifies two physical NMEA 2000 networks into a single logical network, smoothly exchanging messages between them. The Device also supports filtering and processing of transmitted messages.
This can accomplish the following tasks:
- Bypass the physical limits of NMEA 2000 networks concerning length of networks (100 meters for regular cable and 250 meters for heavy or mid-type cable) and concerning the maximum number (50) of physical devices attached to the network. On a network with address capacity of 252, multiple bridges can be engaged to expand to around 250 physical devices.
- Isolate devices from each other. Using the simple filter, you can block transmission of all or of selected messages from a given device in a separate subnet.
- Ensure proper functioning of equipment. Correct the transducer offset of the depth sounder, or “delete” invalid data in messages from equipment that is only partially operational using a 2- or 3-line script.
- Ensure compatibility of equipment from different generations. You can create and send any type of NMEA 2000 message using data from other messages in the network.
- Diagnose malfunctions in the NMEA 2000 network. The Device can record network messages and debug data from custom programs on a MicroSD card in a text file. You can view the data in a standard text editor on a smartphone or tablet with a MicroSD slot, there is no need for a computer. You can even create and edit programs for the Device right on your phone!
- Free diagnostics software is supplied for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. It allows to play, view and convert binary log files with NMEA 2000 messages from both CAN interfaces.
- Safely connect devices that do not meet NMEA 2000 standards. One of the CAN-interfaces on the device has high-voltage galvanic isolation and can operate at a higher supply voltage.
- Create gateways for networks based on CAN protocol operating at a speed of 250 kbps. The programming language of the device is not designed for full-fledged applications, but one can create, for example, a gateway from a J1939 network to NMEA 2000.
Picture 1. Scheme of a typical installation
The Bridge is equipped with two connectors (on CAN1 and CAN2 network interfaces) compatible with Raymarine SeaTalk NG or with two connectors compatible with NMEA 2000 Micro Male (used in Garmin networks). For other networks, an adaptor cable may be required. Drawing of connectors is available in Appendix C of the User Manual.
NMEA2000 Micro Male, Raymarine Seatalk NG
Yacht Devices are shipped Free via Air Mail directly from the manufacturer in Europe. Expected delivery is 2-3 weeks from receipt of order. Duty and import costs, if applicable, are not included in the price.
Smart Relay YDSR-01$69.00Add to cart
The device helps you when you have two loads and only one power switch. For example, you have a combined deck/steaming light on the mast and only two wires (positive and negative) inside the mast. Smart Relay powers the first channel when you turn the power switch on, and it powers the second channel when you cycle the power switch twice in one second. Contains a bi-stable relay and uses power only when channels are switching; at all other times it consumes less than 0.5 mA.
Barometer YDBC-05$99.00Select options
The Barometer is intended for measuring atmospheric pressure within the range from 300 to 1100 hPa (mbar). The sensor is located inside the device case. Many chartplotters and digital navigation instruments are able to display data on pressure in the form of graphs or show a trend indicator; this allows tracking of trends in the weather change. The Device dimensions, including the connector, are 54x20x20mm, the mass is only 11 grams, so it is suitable for racing yachts. Pressure data output resolution 0.01 hPa (mbar), absolute measurement accuracy is ±1 hPa, relative measurement accuracy is ±0.12 hPa.
Engine Gateway YDEG-04$189.00Select options
Gateway for Volvo Penta, BRP Rotax, SmartCraft (Mercury, Mercruiser) and J1939 engines to NMEA 2000 marine electronics network. It will provide you with engine revolutions, motor hours, coolant temperature, battery voltage, warning and alarms, fuel rate and other data on the screen of your chart plotter. No extra cables required in most cases thanks to a built-in Y-connector.
WIFI Gateway, Yacht Devices YDWG02$189.95Select options
If you wish to see marine data from a smartphone, you should choose the Wi-Fi Gateway. It can join an existing Wi-Fi network on board or establish its own. It is also a bi-directional gateway, and can also convert NMEA 2000 to NMEA 0183 and vice versa for compatibility with outdated software. The Web Gauges page of the internal website allow viewing of realtime vessel data (position, depth, wind, course and speed, engine, etc.) using a web browser on PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone. This listing is for the item on the right that connects to your NMEA2000 network.