CAN Log Viewer
CAN Log Viewer is designed to view and analyze live data from NMEA 2000 and J1939 networks, as well as log files recorded by our products and Raymarine chart plotters. This software can configure and update the firmware of our products not eqipped with a MicroSD card, and display historical data from sensors. Works on Microsoft Windows, Linux and Max OS X.
CAN Log Viewer software is a free viewer, player, recorder and converter of CAN (Controller Area Network) logs. It can play your CAN recordings or display live data from our USB and Wi-Fi gateways on a PC screen in real time and highlight changing data.
Picture 1. Screenshot of CAN Log Viewer, click to enlarge
Since version 1.10, the program can list NMEA 2000 devices and show their properties (product and configuration information). If the program is connected using USB Gateway YDNU-02 or Wi-Fi Gateway YDWG-02, it also can enumerate NMEA 2000 devices, change its network addresses, device and system instances, configuration information (some manufacturers use it to change device’s settings), and update firmware of supported devices.
CAN logs contain network level data and compatible with any high level protocol, including J1939 and NMEA 2000. This simple tool will help you:
- view live and recorded network data in binary and readable form (using built-in viewers available for major J1939 and NMEA 2000 data types);
- list, configure and update NMEA 2000 devices (see the video);
- display historical data from our sensors;
- manage 84 loads from 3 digital switching banks;
- view Raymarine SeaTalk NG log files;
- identify what data are available on the network;
- with setup and troubleshooting of NMEA 2000 and J1939 equipment (more than 2000 J1939 DTC descriptions in database);
- analyze unknown CAN protocols (see Manual for a real example);
- convert log files to a spreadsheet and text formats for future processing;
- convert data prepared in a spreadsheet file for playing on a physical CAN network by Voyage Recorder;
- convert CAN logs with NMEA 2000 data to the format of YDVR Converter software (.DAT file);
- analyze recordings of Engine Gateway and NMEA 2000 Bridge;
- monitor live data from NMEA 2000 USB Gateway and NMEA 2000 Wi-Fi Gateway;
- record .CAN files from serial, TCP and UDP ports of NMEA 2000 USB Gateway and NMEA 2000 Wi-Fi Gateway.
NMEA 0183 Multiplexer YDNM-02$149.00Add to cart
Smart multiplexer with five NMEA 0183 ports and one SeaTalk port, auto detection of port speed and easy configuration with a click of a button! And, of course, it has flexible filters, routing rules, and supports firmware updates.
The underlying idea was to create simplest multiplexer in the world. In our lab, the project was called “Simple Multiplexer”, but later we added a lot of features and removed the word “Simple”. Nonetheless, we are sure that it is still the easiest to install. Instead of a laptop and software, you’ll only need a paperclip.
J1708 Engine Gateway YDES-04$249.00Select options
A gateway for engines with a J1708 serial interface to a NMEA 2000 marine digital network. It supports the two protocols that work over J1708: the standard J1587 used by many manufacturers and the proprietary Volvo Penta protocol used in engines with EDC I, for example KAD 44 and KAD 300. A J1708 interface is used for connection of gauges, electronic displays, diagnostics equipment and other vehicle modules. This interface was very popular until 2005-2007, when it began to be quickly replaced by the J1939 protocol that is based, the same as NMEA 2000, on a faster CAN network.
Humidity Sensor YDHS-01$149.00Select options
Provides chart plotters and instrumental displays with humidity and air temperature measurements and calculated dew point temperature. High quality sensor with ±2 % RH and ±0.3 °C accuracy in most of the operating range. The device is plug and play; you only need to plug it into a NMEA 2000 backbone to get readings on all chart plotters and instruments on board.
Engine Gateway YDEG-04$189.00Select options
Gateway for Volvo Penta, BRP Rotax, SmartCraft (Mercury, Mercruiser) and J1939 engines to NMEA 2000 marine electronics network. It will provide you with engine revolutions, motor hours, coolant temperature, battery voltage, warning and alarms, fuel rate and other data on the screen of your chart plotter. No extra cables required in most cases thanks to a built-in Y-connector.