CAN Log Viewer
CAN Log Viewer is designed to view and analyze live data from NMEA 2000 and J1939 networks, as well as log files recorded by our products and Raymarine chart plotters. This software can configure and update the firmware of our products not eqipped with a MicroSD card, and display historical data from sensors. Works on Microsoft Windows, Linux and Max OS X.
CAN Log Viewer software is a free viewer, player, recorder and converter of CAN (Controller Area Network) logs. It can play your CAN recordings or display live data from our USB and Wi-Fi gateways on a PC screen in real time and highlight changing data.
Picture 1. Screenshot of CAN Log Viewer, click to enlarge
Since version 1.10, the program can list NMEA 2000 devices and show their properties (product and configuration information). If the program is connected using USB Gateway YDNU-02 or Wi-Fi Gateway YDWG-02, it also can enumerate NMEA 2000 devices, change its network addresses, device and system instances, configuration information (some manufacturers use it to change device’s settings), and update firmware of supported devices.
CAN logs contain network level data and compatible with any high level protocol, including J1939 and NMEA 2000. This simple tool will help you:
- view live and recorded network data in binary and readable form (using built-in viewers available for major J1939 and NMEA 2000 data types);
- list, configure and update NMEA 2000 devices (see the video);
- display historical data from our sensors;
- manage 84 loads from 3 digital switching banks;
- view Raymarine SeaTalk NG log files;
- identify what data are available on the network;
- with setup and troubleshooting of NMEA 2000 and J1939 equipment (more than 2000 J1939 DTC descriptions in database);
- analyze unknown CAN protocols (see Manual for a real example);
- convert log files to a spreadsheet and text formats for future processing;
- convert data prepared in a spreadsheet file for playing on a physical CAN network by Voyage Recorder;
- convert CAN logs with NMEA 2000 data to the format of YDVR Converter software (.DAT file);
- analyze recordings of Engine Gateway and NMEA 2000 Bridge;
- monitor live data from NMEA 2000 USB Gateway and NMEA 2000 Wi-Fi Gateway;
- record .CAN files from serial, TCP and UDP ports of NMEA 2000 USB Gateway and NMEA 2000 Wi-Fi Gateway.
NMEA 0183 Multiplexer YDNM-02
$149.00Add to cart
Smart multiplexer with five NMEA 0183 ports and one SeaTalk port, auto detection of port speed and easy configuration with a click of a button! And, of course, it has flexible filters, routing rules, and supports firmware updates.
The underlying idea was to create simplest multiplexer in the world. In our lab, the project was called “Simple Multiplexer”, but later we added a lot of features and removed the word “Simple”. Nonetheless, we are sure that it is still the easiest to install. Instead of a laptop and software, you’ll only need a paperclip.
Text Display YDTD-20
Instrument display for NMEA 2000 networks. It shows the vessel’s position, course and speed, wind and weather data, water depth, log and trip distance, engine revolutions, batteries voltage, etc. With other firmware, you can monitor up to four engines and transmissions, temperature in the exhaust system, the vessel’s trim tabs, four batteries, four diesel and four gasoline tanks and three fresh water and three black water tanks. Typical power consumption is 20 mA only.
The Thermometer performs measurements within the range from -55 to +125°C (-67..+257°F), the sensor is placed outside the case on a flexible, 95cm wire in a sealed stainless steel sleeve and can be used to measure the temperature of gases or liquids. If necessary, the wire can be elongated up to 100 meters. The Thermometer can be configured by the user to display data as “Air temperature”, “Sea temperature”, “Temperature in the refrigerator”, “Temperature in the engine room”, “Bait Well Temperature”, etc.
Tank Adapter YDTA-01
NMEA 2000 adaptor allows you to connect an existing resistive type fluid level sensor (EU, US, JP or custom) installed on a tank and display the fluid level on NMEA 2000 devices, including chart plotters and instrumental displays. The Adaptor can be configured to report one of the seven fluid types defined in the NMEA 2000 standard: Diesel Fuel, Gasoline Fuel, Oil, Fresh Water, Waste Water, Black Water (Sewage), or Live Well. Can be installed as a standalone measuring device or in parallel with an existing analog gauge or Volvo Penta MDI.