Can't remove micro SD card from WiFi Module

• I was updating my WiFi module (HW:1.2) from FW 1.5.4 to 1.6.2-12, and, despite being careful I seem to have screwed it up.  When the module seemed to be done updating, the WiFi AP came back up and I was able to connect to it.  But the Remote Console page that came up was a skeleton/template with no data filled in.  The menu selector was also blank.  So, after waiting a couple of hours to see if anything changed, I decided to power down, open it up and put the update and spiffs files directly on the sd card after reformatting it. 

This is where I got stuck.

The sd card WILL NOT slide out of its socket!  I tried both push-to-release and pulling straight out. I pried hard enough to snap off a fingernail! The card moves freely in and out for about half a millimeter but hits some sort of hard obstruction that is not obvious.  Is there some sort of secret or do I have a defective socket?

I ran the Module again with the cover off, and I'm getting a series of short blinks on the Green LED, occasionally punctuated by a longer flash, and sometimes a longer than usual pause between the flashes.  I'm guessing its an error code.  Is there a key for decoding it?

• The update process first copies it to the SD card, then over the next several hours it slowly updates the local processor memory and then needs to be rebooted so that was likely your only issue.

And there is a bit of a trick to removing the cage.  We cover it here on this post, but it seems we lost the pics.

https://ogm-energy.com/community/ogm-user-forum/topic/86067/how-to-replace-the-sd-card-on-your-rec-wi-fi-module/post-192307

• @Rick Thanks.  Since the non-regular flashing LED seemed to indicate it was doing something, rather than just flashing an error code, I left it alone overnight.  After 20 hrs it was still flashing!

So I shut it down this morning and followed your directions and removed the microSD, cleared it, and loaded it with the 1.6.2-12 spiffs and update files.  Reinstalled the card and powered up.  Same irregular flashing.  So now I wait.  We'll see what happens.

• After formatting the SD card and loading the spiffs and updates files onto it, and powering up waiting another 8 hrs, I rebooted and FINALLY got the 1.6.2-12 FW to load on the WiFi module!